Friday, May 18, 2007

SAY IT! SAAAAAY IT!


Oh, Jason Giambi, you're so close!
The Yankee slugger, famous for apologizing for some undisclosed thing back in 2005, is talking again:
I was wrong for doing that stuff. What we should have done a long time ago
was stand up -- players, ownership, everybody -- and said, 'We made a mistake.'
C'mon Jason, say it with me, "I took steroids. I injected them into my butt cheeks, and did so willingly. I knew I was violating the rules, yet did it anyway."
Instead, he follows up with this:
That stuff didn't help me hit home runs. I don't care what people say, nothing
is going to give you that gift of hitting a baseball
Maybe not, but they helped you recover from nagging aches and pains quicker, didn't they? Which led to better numbers, which in turn led to a huge contract with the Yankees. To say they didn't benefit you is ridiculous.
When asked, "So why did you take steroids?" Giambi told the newspaper "Maybe one day I'll talk about it, but not now." Why? If not now, when? After you've retired, and aren't on someone's payroll?
I suppose Giambi deserves some credit for being the only player to actually come out and talk about this whole issue, but I wish he would just come completely clean about the whole thing. Maybe someday, unless some other high profile player beats him to it.

No comments: