Thursday, January 3, 2008

Okay, Now He's Just Messing WIth Us

Oh, Isiah, you do know how to push the collective buttons of the media. Just when we think there isn't anything more absurd, ridiculous, or just plain crazy left for you to say, you uncork this gem:

"My belief and what I see and where I believe we can go as a team and an organization, I believe one day that we will win a championship here and I believe a couple of these guys will be a part of that, I believe I'll be a part of that."

Outside of perhaps the trainers, or maybe the ball boy, can we realistically say that some of
these guys will be part of a winning season, let alone a championship?

Later, Ol' Crazypants seemed to backtrack just a little:

"I don't necessarily want to win a championship," Thomas added. "I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long time. I want to leave a legacy. I want to leave a tradition. I want to leave an imprint, a blueprint in terms of how people play and how they coach and how they respond when they put on a Knick uniform. " (emphasis ours)

On that note, Zeke, mission accomplished!

Isiah Thomas Predicts A Title (NY Daily News)

No comments: